Golden Corral needs your help to meet the goal of raising $1,500,000 to send 2,000 children to Camp Corral for “a week of a lifetime.”
What is Camp Corral?
Camp Corral is a free summer camp for military children, with priority given to wounded, disabled, or fallen military families. This initiative was designed to continue Golden Corral’s support of America’s veterans and their families, while focusing on their children who often face difficult challenges themselves.
Camp Corral began in 2011 with a pilot program; 400 children attended a one-week camp session in North Carolina. In 2012, Camp Corral was expanded to 9 camp locations in 8 states, offering 1,500 military children an opportunity to attend camp.
For the summer of 2013, Camp Corral will expand to 18 camps in 14 states – Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado (2), Florida (2), Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina (3), Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia – offering an opportunity for 2,000 military children of wounded, disabled or fallen military families to attend Camp Corral free of charge (parents are only responsible for transportation to and from camp).
When is the Campaign?
Contributions for Camp Corral will be collected in restaurants system-wide beginning April 1, 2013 thru May 31, 2013.
Highlights of Camp Corral:
- Camp is for children of families of a wounded, disabled or fallen military veteran
- 400 children can attend camp at no cost to the parents (other than transportation to and from camp)
- Dates for 2012 to be announced
- Camp Corral will be at Millstone 4-H Camp in Ellerbe, N.C.
- Camp Corral is fully staffed and managed by 4-H Youth Development Group
- Parents can apply online at www.goldencorral.com/campcorral/
- Toll free number for questions: 1-855-605-1267
We thank all our guests for participating and joining the Golden Corral team in working to benefit the lives of children of Disabled American Veterans. Thanks for helping Golden Corral put a smile on a child’s face through a $1 contribution at the register.
To learn more about how you can help contact us at: